Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Out of Touch

During the first several weeks, because of the way I feel (exhausted, slightly sick all the time), I may have seemed out of touch. Sitting at the computer…believe it or not…was a feat. I know it’s hard to imagine, but actually sitting upright in the chair for several minutes, checking email and especially talking on skype, was often a very daunting task. So, please forgive me if you haven’t heard from me in awhile.

And I would like to remind everyone that we decided NOT to tell ANYONE about this pregnancy until AFTER we received our CVS results in Hawaii. Since I harbor some anxiety about the health of the fetus, I want to make sure everything is good. Also, in the first trimester, I’m not really in a mood to discuss everyone’s concerns about being pregnant and having a baby in Shanghai. It’s moot…I’m pregnant and will be having a baby in China. The last thing I want to do when I’m feeling generally crappy, is to talk about my feelings about not only mine, but everyone else’s anxieties. And finally, we won’t be announcing the pregnancy until after my sister’s wedding in June. We could hardly announce it to everyone before we even announce it to our family. However, we all have been waiting to see my sister get married and I won’t do anything to lessen the event for her, even the announcement of our third and final child.

No comments:

Post a Comment