Thursday, June 25, 2009

Help

I finished a series of acupuncture sessions with my fabulous acupuncturist. He is convinced it’s a girl. I guess we will see. ;-) His last session was to help with the nausea and improve my overall circulation. His treatment definitely helped with my general feelings of nausea! But, the fatigue still lingers in full force, making me feel quite crappy still.

I found out that acupuncture can help with all kinds of things while you’re pregnant. It can help with nausea, back pains and it can even help reduce the effect of labor pains when the time comes. Sweet! I might be tapping into THAT later on in this pregnancy!

I have to say, that while it took some getting used to in the beginning, I’m now one of those expats who will tell you that having “help” is sooooo nice. And especially now…as it will be when I have a newborn to take care of as well. THANK GOODNESS I have some semblance of help! As usual, we are not anywhere near family…even IF our family would agree to help out. But, here, it’s paid for in full…which means it’s reliable and consistent.

I think our ayi suspects something. I usually lock myself in my bedroom when I’m home to lie down and I have requested her assistance in things I don’t normally ask from her. She is GREAT! She takes the slight changes in stride and seems to anticipate when I need extra help from her. She is even more responsive in her normal duties and helps out with the kids at home even when I’m here, like helping Ryan to go potty or playing with them outside when all I seem to be able to muster the energy to do is sit on the couch in a numb-like state. Yes, I think she suspects. But, it’s definitely a cultural thing NOT to approach me on it. She’ll wait until I say something to her.

If I feel a fraction of how I’m feeling now, in Hawaii, I’m in definite trouble…without Allen or ayi for 6 weeks. We made our plans for me and the boys to go to Hawaii well before I knew I’d be getting knocked up. So, I’ll just have to “deal with it.” My mom and her boyfriend are already conceding A LOT to have us there for two months…the last thing I want to do is rely heavily on her for help. I’m afraid I’ll start to stink like dead fish if I do that, especially to her partner. I hear he has a real sensitive nose about these things. ;-) But, hopefully, how I’m feeling now will begin to smooth out a bit by then. I hope so…

No comments:

Post a Comment